Sunday, October 21, 2007

I Believe in Christ

I'm mentally bracing myself for hell and damnation... at work. I've been away for ten days, and due to some changes at the Patent Office that are requiring us to make lots of filings before November 1, I expect to be putting in 10-12 hour days until October 31. This wasn't my fault. We've been planning this trip since something like June, long before the Patent Office decided to afflict us with Evil New Rules. But I will be paying the price.

I will keep myself warm with memories of this recent trip. A trip to Goblin Valley with Göran and my parents. Utahraptors at the Prehistoric Museum in Price. Lunches and dinners with Mohos!! (I won't out you, but thank you, it meant more to me than you can know.) Hanging out with my little sister, Katrina. Family home evening with my brother. Family prayers with my parents. And of course the wedding, and gatherings at BYU and in Salt Lake, which I've already blogged about.

This morning, my dad was feeling under the weather, so my mom and I went to Church just the two of us. The theme at Sacrament Meeting was testimony, which was strangely comforting to me, as this past week I have had more opportunities to verbally bear my testimony than in all the last two years combined! We sang this hymn, which I have come to love, by Bruce R. McConkie. I love the hymn all the more since I once had issues with Elder McConkie, and singing this hymn taught me to love and appreciate him in ways I never did when he was alive. His words have taught me about the simplicity of faith, the unity of faith, and also about hope:

I believe in Christ; he stands supreme!
From him I'll gain my fondest dream;
And while I strive through grief and pain,
His voice is heard: "Ye shall obtain."

No comments: