Monday, October 6, 2008

A Visual Dream Journal

Since late July, I've been working on the following animated video shorts. Friday and Saturday, I presented them at Patrick's Cabaret. The animation is crude, I know... I'm still mastering the art of making pictures move. But I was pleased with the images and the art, and relieved to finish everything by the deadline.

These are three dreams that I've had in recent months that were significant to me. They are presented below in the order that I produced the videos (not in the order I had the dreams!). My favorite video is the last of the three, Dream 414.

There are dreams I would not share, because they are too personal or too sacred. But there are some dreams I feel the things I learned from them are worth sharing. After my presentations over the weekend, I had a couple of people commented that even though these were my dreams, they found the themes touched on in the dreams universal. If I've chosen to share these, it is because I hope that, if they are not "universal," at least others will be able to relate to them.





6 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice. These are very impressive. They must have taken a lot of effort to complete. I especially enjoyed the third one.

John Gustav-Wrathall said...

Thanks, Reuben. The third one is my favorite too...

chedner said...

Superb.

And, indeed, the third is my favorite as well.

John Gustav-Wrathall said...

Thanks, Andrew. I was hoping you'd enjoy them...

Ron S said...

I enjoyed the animation and the richness of your dreams was evident. I was impressed at the likeness of your characters to you, your mom, and your dad.

Congratulations on your accomplishment.

John Gustav-Wrathall said...

Thanks, Ron!

I'm working on another one, much more ambitious. Stay tuned... Maybe it will come out by Christmas.