Friday, April 18, 2008

123:5

Ugh, I have been so out of it.

Mohohawaii tagged me on April 3, and I'm embarrassed to admit I only just saw it now.

Here are the instructions.

1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages).
2. Turn to page 123.
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the 5th sentence on your blog.
5. Tag 5 people.

Here's the sentence that results from following steps 1 - 4:

"And now I, Jacob, spake many more things unto the people of Nephi, warning them against fornication and lasciviousness, and every kind of sin, telling them the awful consequences of them."

(Sorry folks, the nearest book to me when I read this was the Book of Mormon.)

Seems rather timely, given recent events in Texas, since this verse comes from the one text in the Book of Mormon explicitly commenting on polygamy. And, yes, the Book of Mormon condemns it. See especially Jacob 2:24-26.

Having said that, I should also confess for the record that I, like BIV, sympathize with the women and children from the YFZ Compound.

Knight of Nothing, GeistX, BIV, L & Chedner, consider yourselves tagged.

No comments: